Friday, June 14, 2013

Everything Old is New Again at the Buffalo History Museum


DSC02183.JPG

I am a nerd and proud of it.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I love going to museums. So when I was looking for something casual to do on a Sunday afternoon, the Buffalo History Museum came to mind.  I had never visited before and wanted to check it out.  One thing I've learned owning a vintage Etsy shop is that you never stop learning.

The museum houses a research library and many permanent exhibits- The People of Erie County, The Native American Gallery, Buffalo Made, Street of Shops and Pioneer Gallery.  My favorite exhibit was Buffalo Made with such items as kazoos, a disco floor and 700 plus inventions and products made in Western New York.  However, my favorite item on display in the entire museum was a piece of 126 year old wedding cake from the wedding of President Grover Cleveland and Frances Folsom in 1886.  Talk about vintage!

The museum has a lovely gift shop featuring many Buffalo Etsy Team members. I contacted the museum for requirements on selling in the shop and have received no response.  If anyone has information about this, please post in the comment section.  Also post if you have items for sale in the shop.


Buffalo History Museum-
http://www.bechs.org/
DSC02183.JPG



-Erica
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PECollectibles



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this Erica! I can't remember the last time I was in the museum -- although I live only a mile or so away and walk the grounds often. I'll have to put it on my To Do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to visit again also. So many interesting things to see and do around here!
    Thanks for info Erica.

    ReplyDelete