This week we have a little bit of Rochester, NY with us as Francesca Decaire shares her Lampwork Jewelry and Beads with us.



Please tell us a bit about yourself?
I’m a total nerd. When I look at someone, I imagine what they would look like as a bead. Not even kidding.



What do you create? How long have you been working on your craft/art?
My lampworking fascination began in 2005 when I learned to make blown vessels from borosilicate tubes. My first torch was a National. Today I use a GTT Lynx and primarily make glass jewelry and beads.


How did you come up with your store name?
I want people to realize that I work as an individual artist so I use my first and last name. I perform every task that my job requires by myself. Though my family is my backbone, without them I would have nothing. 



Where can your work be found locally?
My work can be found at The Hungerford building in my studio. I open my studio to the public amongst floor floors of artists once a month for Rochester’s citywide gallery night. It’s held the first Friday of every month from 6pm -9pm. My studio is in suite 216 at 1115 East Main Street, Rochester, NY 14609



Do you have any up and coming art shows/craft shows that you would like us to know about?
Yes, many, many festivals. My schedule can be found at my website, http://francescadecaire.com/


Do you have any advice or suggestions for new sellers to etsy?
Good pictures are everything. Start by making sure that your product is uncluttered, lighted properly and in focus.

Where can you be found online? (website,facebook fanpage, etsy link, blog, flickr)
http://francescadecaire.com/
Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
If you are from Buffalo and would like to be featured on the blog please contact me for more information!!