Friday, April 26, 2013

Everything Old is New Again.....In Vintage Sweater Clips


 
If you have ever watched an episode of Glee, you know that sweater guard clips are not just for Grandma anymore.  Guidance counselor, Emma Pillsbury played by Jayma Mays can be seen wearing sweater clips on her colorful sweaters.  

What are sweater guard clips?

They are essentially clips that hold light weight sweaters in place when worn loosely around the shoulders.  The peak of their popularity was the 1950's.  They come in many different styles, materials, lengths and designs.  You can also wear them on a blouse as decoration or for securing a scarf.

Here is a link to a set in my shop to give you an idea:

I've had great success selling sweater clips in my shop.  They are one of those items that are both fun and functional.  
 
Many people are crafting new sweater clips. There are many tutorials on line for how to do this. You can use new or broken bits of jewelry.  If you are looking to buy a set, Etsy really is the best place to do that. Sweater clips are a small investment that can perk up any outfit.


 



3 comments:

  1. I love that everything seems to circle back around and regain popularity, except the 80's that I could do without. Great post Erica!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning quite a bit reading these posts! I never knew such things as sweater clips existed! haha Great post Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of sweater clips---and of Erica's blogs!

    ReplyDelete