Friday, June 21, 2013

Everything Old is New Again in Collecting!

It's that time of year again, garage sale, rummage and flea market season!!  I enjoy going to these sales.  When I go I always have a running list in my head of things that I'm looking for whether it be for my home, Etsy shop or baby on the way.  It's often best to have a general list of what you are looking for because this will help you avoid impulse purchases.  This is a great time of the year, to start a collection.  Below I've listed 15 affordable vintage items to collect.  There are many more!  List your ideas in the comments section below.

1.  teacups and saucers
2.  postcards
3.  nostalgic aprons
4.  sheet music
5.  old buttons
6.  children's books
7.  Christmas decorations
8.  magazines
9.  lighters
10.  salt and pepper shakers
11.  matchbooks
12.  marbles
13.  linens
14.  coasters
15.  wooden nickels

2 comments:

  1. I'm always on the look-out for old books, esp Civil War era, Anchor Hocking Ruby Red glass, 50s costume jewelry, anything with a peacock on it, and enamelware pots and pans.

    I never go with a list of things, because I never find them! I just go with a pre-set amount of money to spend, and hope I find something I could use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always on the hunt for old Buffalo advertising items, small turn-of-the-century items to use in jewelry, and Beatles memorabilia (but it's expensive!).

    I never go with a list, either. I take x-amount of dollars to spend, and always spend more. With collecting, you just have to buy it when you see it or it'll get scooped up by someone else!

    ReplyDelete